Join in the world's greatest treasure hunt! There are over 100 geocaches waiting to be discovered around Skeikampen.
What is geocaching?
Geocaching is an outdoor treasure hunt taking place in the real world, with units discovered using GPS. Players navigate to a specific point by using GPS coordinates, and try to find the geocache (container) hidden at the spot.
How do you play?
At its most basic, geocaching is played by following 8 steps:
- Register a basic membership for free of charge.
- Visit the website “Hide & find a cache”.
- Enter a postcode, and click “Search”.
- Choose any geocache from the list, and click on its name.
- Enter the geocache coordinates on your GPS unit.
- Use your GPS unit, smartphone, or tablet to find the hidden geocache.
- Sign the log book, and return the geocache to its original location.
- Share your geocaching stories and images on the net.
Hva er reglene for geocaching?
- Hvis du tar noe fra geocachen (eller «cachen»), legg igjen noe av samme eller høyere verdi.
- Skriv om funnet ditt i cachens loggbok.
- Logg opplevelsen din på www.geocaching.com.
What do I need to geocache?
All you need is a GPS unit or mobile phone with GPS in order to navigate to the cache, and also a Geocaching.com membership (free of charge).
Where are geocaches located?
Geocaches can be found all over the world. It is common for geocachers to hide caches at locations that are important to them and reflect their skills and interests. Locations can vary greatly. It can be the local park, at the end of a long mountain hike, under water, or close to a busy city street.
Are there different types of geocaches?
Yes. There are currently over a dozen different “cache types” in geocaching, and each represent a specific version of the game. See a full list over the various Geocache types.